[gtk-vnc-devel] Thumbnailing API?

I noticed some TODOs on the wiki for thumbnailing API. What are the thoughts on this?

I ask because I'm a day or two away from having a patch that does software scaling for GTK-VNC. It's currently implemented with bilinear interpolation. One of the uses of this (besides full-screen) is live thumbnailing. You would just shrink the widget down to 320x240 and it would Just Work.

Typically with VNC, a client updates as aggressively as possible and the server limits appropriately. Of course, there's nothing wrong with further limiting the updates to conserve bandwidth.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori