Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 6:08 PM
To: RAPPAZ Francois
Cc: GTK-Perl List
Subject: Re: Installing Glib::Object::Introspection

Sorry, I replied to your previous e-mail from my personal e-mail
address, which does not go to the list.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 2:36 PM, RAPPAZ Francois
<francois rappaz unifr ch> wrote:
So, I'll stay with Gtk2 if there is no other solution (but there should be a more sensible way to add Gtk3 to my existing list of perl modules)

Your two options for G:O:I on Windows are to re-use someone else's
existing work (pre-compiled Strawberry Perl with Gtk3/G:O:I), or if
you want to keep your existing Strawberry Perl install(s), you can
download the compiled gobject-introspection libraries for your version
of Windows (you didn't mention if it's 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7),
and then compile G:O:I yourself under whichever version of Strawberry
Perl you are using (which you also didn't mention).

So far, nobody else but Daniel has stepped forward to put together a
bundle for Windows that has Gtk3 and G:O:I (thanks Daniel!).  The
reason this is so is because it takes a lot of work to make just one
Perl/GTK bundle for Windows;  creating bundles for each and every
combination of Strawberry Perl and GTK on Windows is apparently more
work than anyone has time for right now.

If you're volunteering to do the work of building a Gtk3/G:O:I
installable bundle for all permutations of Windows
versions/architectures and all versions of Strawberry Perl that would
run on those Windows versions/architectures, I'm sure you'll make a
lot of people happy.

Thanks,

Brian