Re: Porting perl-GStreamer to gst 1.0

Things done:

* Used Glib::Object::Introspection::GValueWrapper to wrap types for caps.  This is wrapped in GStreamer1::Caps::Simple to mimic the original GStreamer Perl module
* Fleshed out docs, particularly some porting notes
* Fleshed out adding to the pipeline and linking elements in examples/rpi_src.pl

All the above has been pushed to github.

In examples/rpi_src.pl, a callback is being set on a fakesink to grab the jpeg and save it to a file.  It doesn't seem that this is getting called.  The light does come on for my Raspberry Pi's camera module, so the pipeline should be running and grabbing data from the camera.

I realize that this could be done more simply by setting "location=/path/to/file" on a filesink, but I want to do it this way because:

1) I want to provide an example of using a signal callback
2) My app needs to do more than just save the data to the file

Feel like things are really close now.

Thanks,
Timm

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 2:46 AM, "Torsten Schönfeld" <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
vividsnow <vividsnow gmail com>:
> try Glib::Object::Introspection::GValueWrapper like here:
> https://gist.github.com/vividsnow/06e8eb21165d6f01a8bf#file-gstreamer-video-test-pl-L17

Exactly.  See [1] for a short explanation.  You would probably make those people happy that try to port from GStreamer to GStreamer1 if you try to emulate the old caps API, as tested in GStreamer/t/GstCaps.t.  On the other hand, I just realized that you might be able to automatically determine the type information via GStreamer1::Structure::get_field_type [2], which would allow you to get rid of the type argument.

[1] <https://metacpan.org/pod/Glib::Object::Introspection#Converting-a-Perl-variable-to-a-GValue>
[2] <https://developer.gnome.org/gstreamer/stable/gstreamer-GstStructure.html#gst-structure-get-field-type>