Re: Porting perl-GStreamer to gst 1.0

hi

try Glib::Object::Introspection::GValueWrapper like here:
https://gist.github.com/vividsnow/06e8eb21165d6f01a8bf#file-gstreamer-video-test-pl-L17

On 11/20/2014 05:52 AM, Timm Murray wrote:
Moved the namespace to GStreamer1.  Renamed the github repo as well:

https://github.com/frezik/GStreamer1

I also cleaned up the examples to be more idiomatic.

I'm getting stuck on how to set parameters on the caps.  What I have now is:

    my $caps = GStreamer1::Caps->new_empty_simple( 'video/x-h264' );
    $caps->set_value( width => 800 );
    $caps->set_value( height => 600 );

This gives me the error "Cannot convert arbitrary SV to GValue".

In the original GStreamer Perl module, setting caps was done something like this:

    my $caps = GStreamer::Caps::Simple->new( 'video/x-h264',
        alignment       => 'Glib::String' => 'au',
        'stream-format' => 'Glib::String' => 'byte-stream',
    );

This constructor, in particular setting the Glib type, seems to be a bit of syntactic sugar handled here:

https://metacpan.org/source/XAOC/GStreamer-0.19/xs/GstCaps.xs

Around line 46.

Is there a way to coerce the type information?

Thanks,
Timm

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Timm Murray <tmurray wumpus-cave net <mailto:tmurray wumpus-cave net>>