Re: Porting perl-GStreamer to gst 1.0

If the CPAN GStreamer doesn’t work properly now, then it ought to be clobbered?

Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: Porting perl-GStreamer to gst 1.0

Now that I check again, I think the time_popped_filtered() call was fine.  I was messing around with the URI passed to playbin so it didn't reference a full path on my own system.  I've corrected that now, and it seems to work as expected.

I've made a full module out of it as Gst::*.  I'm open to suggestions on the namespace; I don't necessarily want to clobber the existing GStreamer module on CPAN.  I thought maybe doing GStreamer10, but putting the version in the namespace doesn't seem right, either.

All recent changes are up on the github repo.

Thanks,
Timm

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 3:19 AM, "Torsten Schönfeld" <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
"Timm Murray" <tmurray wumpus-cave net>:
> Thanks, I was able to get a basic pipeline going:
>
> https://github.com/frezik/Gst

Excellent!

> The original C tutorial uses timed_pop_filtered() like this:
>
> msg = gst_bus_timed_pop_filtered (bus, GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE, GST_MESSAGE_ERROR | GST_MESSAGE_EOS);
>
> From what I gathered from Glib::Flags, this should work like this:
>
> my $msg = $bus->timed_pop_filtered( GStreamer::CLOCK_TIME_NONE, [ 'error', 'eos' ]);
>
> But this causes the program to promptly exit without outputting anything.

Your translation seems correct to me.  Maybe there is a problem with the wrapper GStreamer::CLOCK_TIME_NONE.  The original definition is

#define GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE ((GstClockTime) -1)

GstClockTime is an unsigned 64 bit integer, so this _expression_ will overflow.  The docs say the value should be 18446744073709551615 (i.e., 2^64-1).  What's the value of GStreamer::CLOCK_TIME_NONE for you?  (I can't test right now.)

-Torsten