Release: Powercom tools

Greetings.

It's a good day for releases :) I've just released an initial version of my Powercom project, which is a set of tools for owners of Powercom ( Sunny Roo ) inverters.

The project consists of a console-only polling utility, which downloads stats from the inverter over a USB cable ( or theoretically RS232 ) ... and a GUI that uses Gtk3. The GUI lets you view downloaded stats, does some daily aggregate stats, and a hacky Cairo-based graph of power produced and heat sink temperature. It also implements a PVOutput API client so you can upload stats to PVOutput.

The polling utility is specifically for Powercom inverters, but the GUI itself could be used for stats from any inverter.

The GUI demonstrates an *extremely* simple use of Gtk3::Ex::DBI ( it creates 2 datasheets ). It wasn't written as a showcase for this project by any means - I just used it because I wanted some datasheets. If you don't have an inverter to produce some stats, the GUI won't really do that much. If people are interested, I can upload a SQLite database of stats so they can at least see it in action, thought the screenshot will also show you basically what it does.

This project is currently only available on my blog:
http://tesla.duckdns.org

Dan