Re: GStreamer buffer memory pointer

ok, thanks for clarification and link to Zach's github
 - it will be nice to see both https://github.com/zpmorgan/PDL-GStreamer and https://github.com/zpmorgan/GStreamer-App at CPAN

best regards

On 20 January 2013 17:36, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On 27.09.2012 14:48, vividsnow wrote:
Also there are warnings in this code
http://pastie.org/private/9fjpfheqfenbue36hm4ya:
*** GPerl asked to invoke callback from a foreign thread; handing it
over to the main loop
What I'm doing wrong? or how can I setup callback on each new frame?

You're not doing anything wrong.  The warning occurs because the "new-buffer" signal handler is invoked by libgstreamer from a foreign thread, i.e. one with no Perl runtime associated with it.  Since the Perl interpreter is not thread-safe, we cannot allow this foreign thread to invoke a Perl callback.  As of a few versions ago, perl-Glib therefore tries to hand the invocation over to the main thread.  I still consider this technique somewhat experimental (it can lead to deadlocks, for example), hence the warning. Zach Morgan wrote bindings for this: <https://github.com/zpmorgan/GStreamer-App>.  But it looks like they never made it onto CPAN.  Zach?