Re: Where do I find the constants?

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Christian Jaeger <chrjae gmail com> wrote:
And I've now pretty much resolved the remaining questions:

- in the glade editor, I've actually found the field on the buttons that will yield the response: it's the "Response ID" under "General". glade only accept integer values, *not* strings. (Also, make sure to hit return after entering a number manually as otherwise the change is not retained. Talk about multiple levels of fail...) Thus, I choose something like 10 for cancel and 12 for ok, and then check for those values in my script.

- thus, no need for accessing GTK constants at all, as those are not constants provided by Gtk but by myself.

- still, those have to be numbers, not strings, still no idea about the example script linked earlier, but whatever.

Christian.

I need to revisit the examples and see if I can improve upon them.  Maybe it was just a limitation of the version of perl-gtk3 I had installed at the time, but I think now I should be able to do better.  Fedora has 0.15 now, so we should be good to go.  Now we just need Debian to up the version (but we've had this conversation before :).

Also, I removed the use of the constant as suggested by Torsten:
https://github.com/dave-theunsub/gtk3-perl-demos/blob/master/dialog_boxes.pl

Thanks,
Dave M