Re: Gtk3 bindings on Windows // HTML5 backend

hi;

On 22 December 2013 05:27, Daniel Kasak <d j kasak dk gmail com> wrote:
Lastly, another option that might work is the HTML5 backend. I can set up an
application server @ work for all the Windows users. I've actually been
looking forward to doing this for a long time now ;) Any known gotchas? I've
played with the demos only. I assume there is nothing specific to the
bindings that would prevent things from 'just working'?

kinda missed this, but: from an application perspective there isn't
anything in the Broadway backend that requires changes, except if
you're using backend-specific API (i.e. you're using GdkX11 API), in
which case you need to check both that GDK provides that backend API
(i.e. try importing the backend-specific module) and that the backend
is the one being currently used (i.e. the type of the object you're
going to use with the backend-specific API matches with the expected
platform-specific type). that's all that is required.

I know of people actually using the Broadway backend in production,
but it's still considered pretty much experimental at this point, so
if it break you're expected to either keep both the pieces, or to
figure out why and submit a patch.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--