Re: Gtk3 Scrolled Window's horizontal scrollbar not working properly

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 09:02:44 +1100
Daniel Kasak <d j kasak dk gmail com> wrote:

I've just noticed something strange. In Gtk3, my scrolled windows aren't
detecting the width of a treeview properly.

If I set their Horizontal Scrollbar Policy to 'automatic' ( I'm using
Glade, by the way ), I never get a scrollbar, and I can't access things
which don't fit horizontally inside the treeview. If I set the policy to
'always', I get a scrollbar, but it acts like everything fits ... ie
scrollbar covers the entire horizontal area, and doesn't allow scrolling.

Does anyone know why this would be? I can try to build a simple example app
if that's needed. At the moment, this is app is using the Gtk3 port of my
DBI Datasheet class - it's showing values I've pulled from a solar inverter.

Hi,
 I think you need to post a minimal code example so we can see
how you are building the widgets. FWIW, you should not use a viewport
with a TextView.  Without seeing the code, the following is a likely
culprit.

This is wrong:
 my $sw = Gtk2::ScrolledWindow->new;
 $sw->add_with_viewport( $self->{TextView} );

TextView is a natively-scrollable widget, so adding with a viewport actually
breaks some of the built-in sizing and scrolling logic.

It should be
$sw->add ($self->{TextView});

Otherwise, post some code.

0m,