Re: Best way to compile with CPAN Glib?

On 18.03.2012 18:29, Jeffrey Kegler wrote:
As I understand it, the runtime version will always be greater than or
equal to the compiled version, so that if I ensure that I compiled with
GNU glib >= 2.22.0, I also ensure that my runtime is >= 2.22.0.

Not necessarily. Someone could downgrade glib after compilation. Contrived, but possible. perl-Glib has code in its BOOT section that warns in such a case. It might well not be worth worrying about this.