Re: Glib::Object ref-counting change

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
Brian: I think this change should go through an unstable release cycle
before getting into a stable release. ÂBut there should definitely be a
stable release out with this fix when perl 5.16.0 will be released: it is
currently scheduled for 2012-05-16. ÂSo, do you think we can squeeze in an
unstable series between now and May? ÂOr does this collide too much with the
GNOME schedule? ÂThe next stable GNOME release (3.4) is scheduled for
2012-03-28.

In any case, we should create a stable-1-24 branch for Glib so that future
1.24.x releases can be created off of it without the above change.

I don't have a problem with a new branch and a separate release to
coincide with Perl 5.16.  I'll have to make sure I am tracking
branches, but I don't see a problem with that either.  I would also
guess that there is a unstable GNOME release on the same day as Perl
5.16 [1], so I'd already be doing the motions anyways as it were.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree  (note that the release
calendar currently only goes out to April)