Re: String Encocoding in Gtk-Perl: Hoping for Clarification

On 2010-05-09 15:43, Peter Daum wrote:
... you're right - my sample code was only behaving differently because
of the changes in "pack". I thought I had found a simple test case, but
as it looks like now, I don't really know yet what change broke my
program

just for completeness: even in my original program code, the problem
turned out to be the changed semantics in pack/unpack (-; just several
layers deeper )

after adding "use bytes" at the right places, everything works as before ...

Regards,
                    Peter