Re: Japanese input into Text Entry field

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Peter Dennis
<peter edwin dennis gmail com> wrote:
When I attempt to enter the kanji for 'okuru' which means to see somone (to
the door), or accompany someone, when it appears in the IME it appears as
éã. However, once I confirm that this is the kanji I want i.e. hit enter, it
appears in the entry field like the attachment to this email. This is a
different looking kanji.

Does anyone know why this would occur?

I can take a guess at this, if you don't tell Perl that data read from
a filehandle is UTF-8, then your data will most likely be munged.

An example script that demonstrates your problem would *really* help here.

Thanks,

Brian