Japanese input into Text Entry field

Hi All,

I have a small Japanese app that I am working on and have found something strange with the drawing of a particular kanji.

When I attempt to enter the kanji for 'okuru' which means to see somone (to the door), or accompany someone, when it appears in the IME it appears as éã. However, once I confirm that this is the kanji I want i.e. hit enter, it appears in the entry field like the attachment to this email. This is a different looking kanji.

Does anyone know why this would occur?

Many thanks,

Peter.