Re: Scrolling on Larger Fonts

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Zettai Muri <zettaimuri ymail com> wrote:
In the attached program there are two textviews, one uses the default fontsize and the other uses fontsize
12 - a little larger than the default. ÂAfter typing text into each of the text views (copying and pasting
this email is enough), so that the scroll bar appears, when I scroll the larger font text view the text
doesn't appear to redraw? refresh? correctly. The tops of some lines are cut off as I scroll up and down to
view the top and bottom of the page.
I am running the program on WinXP using camelbox. ÂI run the program as C:> perl main.pl

Does this work on any OS?  I just tried your script under both Windows
XP with Camelbox and on Ubuntu 9.10; the bottom window in Ubuntu isn't
even letting me paste text in.  I changed the $fontdesc->set_size()
call in sub change_font{} to set_absolute_size, and I could then see
really tiny text on my Ubuntu machine.

I can run the Gtk2-Demo main.pl program [1] (which also uses
Gtk2::TextViews) and I have no problems scrolling text and the text
repainting itself.

What you may want to try is instead of setting properties for your
TextViews inside the .ui file, set them directly from main.pl and see
if that changes anything. If all else fails, take a look at the
textview.pl script in the examples folder and see what the difference
is between your script and that one.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] Start -> Programs -> Camelbox -> Gtk2-Perl main.pl -> Text Widget
-> Multiple Views