Re: Gtk2::Builder::Simple

Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
On 01.04.2009 09:52, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
I have been using Gtk2::GladeXML::Simple for some time, and while
Gtk2::Builder is somewhat less work to use than Gtk2::GladeXML, I got
used to Gtk2::GladeXML::Simple and its widget access via
$self->{widget}.  Since Glade3-3.6.0 was released and seems to be a
lot more stable than the 3.5.x series, and supports GtkBuilder, I
decided to start switching to Gtk2::Builder, but did not see anything
like Gtk2::GladeXML::Simple.  Thus I modified Gtk2::GladeXML::Simple
to be similar but with Gtk2::Builder support.

I haven't looked at the actual code (mostly because I never really used
Gtk2::Builder), but I have one request and one question:

Request: Please consider using Gtk2::Ex::Builder::Simple for the namespace.
This avoids a potential conflict if gtk+ ever decides to provide
GtkBuilderSimple.

Question: Why is this not on CPAN yet?

That would be because I missed your reply, and thus did not think to do it.  Will
do the needed changes and send a post when done and there.

Regards,

Martin

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer:  http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html