Re: Re: Re: Glib::Object and Storable

On May 8, 2009 11:52am, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:
> When I needed to store the state of my GUI, I wrote a routines which upon encountering widgets converted them into their properties, for example:

Doing that in a generic way is a bright idea (I ended up doing a tiny subset of it in a similar manner), but rather hard to do properly, keeping the references between widgets correct, etc., especially as not all Glib::Objects have a straight new() method.

Nevertheless, done well, it would be worth a module on CPAN, and I would use it.

Regards

Jeff