Re: Re: Re: Glib::Object and Storable

--- On Fri, 5/8/09, jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:

From: jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Glib::Object and Storable
To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
Date: Friday, May 8, 2009, 3:54 AM
On May 8, 2009 11:52am, Sergei
Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:
When
I needed to store the state of my GUI, I wrote a routines
which upon encountering widgets converted them into their
properties, for example:

Doing that in a generic
way is a bright idea (I ended up doing a tiny subset of it
in a similar manner), but rather hard to do properly,
keeping the references between widgets correct, etc.,
especially as not all Glib::Objects have a straight new()
method.

Nevertheless, done well, it would be
worth a module on CPAN, and I would use it.

Regards

Jeff
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----