Re: Restoring a List View's position

Hi,

2009/3/17 Jeff Hallock <Jhallock wbanda com>:
Is there a reason not to actually just have different tree view widgets created? You could pack them all
into a vbox - and then call show/hide on the appropriate widgets when changing views. This is how I
approach this type of problem. The displaying and hiding of the widgets is seamless on my system.

I had thought of that, but that doesn't scale too well if you've got a
huge number of views. Plus I'd like the system to remember it's state
between invocations (storing the selection set, display position etc
etc to a file and then re-reading it on startup). I'm not really
expecting a nice simple get_state and set_state function, but I was
hoping it was possible to do that myself.

MB