Re: Restoring a List View's position

Matthew Braid <ptkperl mdb id au> writes:

storing and restoring the tree view's current display position.

I wonder if you're fighting its size_allocate, maybe it doesn't scroll
properly until after the resize for a new model.  (Which would be a
serious misfeature, but TextView for instance does even worst stuff.)

As a hack you might try scrolling (by cell or by pixels) in an idle
handler lower than GTK_PRIORITY_RESIZE.

I initially tried using $treeview->get_visible_range and
$treeview->scroll_to_cell, but get_visible_range seems to be a little
flakey on my system and often aborts with a message about some
assertion failing (something != nil I think).

Sounds like a bug.