Re: Wrapping gtk2:buttons

2009/6/11 Kevin Ryde <user42 zip com au>:
Chris Debenham <chris adebenham com> writes:

2009/6/10 Grant McLean <grant mclean net nz>:

* the Gtk::TextView ...

Ugly - but may work

You might check if it will flow them automatically, I suspect they might
end up in one wide line.

Perhaps if I put a space character between each?

* the Gtk::Layout ...

This would get complicated/slow as it has to be done for up to 150
buttons (for chapters with lots of verses)

A custom container widget might be the way to go. ÂIt could be much
easier than wrestling with cell layout/view/renderer/editable/whatnot.

A "flowed-hbox" seems like a reasonable concept. ÂIn one of my dialogs
I've got a set of parameter entry boxes or check buttons and if there's
a lot I could see them flowed instead of scrolled.

How would I go about this?

--

Dan Quayle  - "This President is going to lead us out of this
recovery." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dan_quayle.html