Re: Re-using menus in ComboBox

"Christian Jodar" <tian-ml c-sait net> writes:

checked
in the main menu, they become also checked in the corresponding item of
the ComboBox (without having to manage that manually).

I use my Glib::Ex::ConnectProperties thingie to join property values
across widgets, generally with one or more controls driving some target
object.  For radio menus it's easier if you subclass to make a menu with
a single property which is the "current value" to propagate to the
world.

by sharing the same model or something like that

I've tinkered with a "MenuView" for making a menu which gets its
contents from a TreeModel.  ComboBox does exactly that of course, but
doesn't seem to offer it separately.  I've used it for a radio group,
but only a single-level (no submenus) and only a single group.