Re: Re-using menus in ComboBox

On Apr 9, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Christian Jodar wrote:

Hello,

I would like to add to a toolbar a ComboBox. This ComboBox should contain some sub-menus of a menu in the main MenuBar. But I don't want to make a copy by re-creating everything in the ComboBox. Because the items in these sub-menus are some RadioMenuItems. So I'd like that when they are checked in the main menu, they become also checked in the corresponding item of
the ComboBox (without having to manage that manually).

For this, you want to be using GtkUIManager. The combo would not be a combo but a GtkMenuToolButton. Each item would be bound to a GtkAction, so the states and callbacks would be the same regardless of whether you were using the menu or the toolbar.

If you need something fancier, then you can derive your own widget from GtkToolItem.

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/Actions.html

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/gtk-migrating-GtkAction.html

--
Me:  What's that in your mouth?
Zella:  *swallows laboriously*  Nothing.