Gnome2::VFS::VolumeMonitor - not getting volume-pre-unmount signal

Hello,

I am developing a small perl app that needs to monitor volume mounts and
unmounts under GNOME. Since I need to do some action right *before* a
volume is unmounted, I tried connecting to the volume-pre-unmount
signal, but somehow that never gets emitted. I am getting all the other
signals of Gnome2::VFS::VolumeMonitor just fine.

I am currently using perl 5.10 on Ubuntu Intrepid (with Version 1.042 of
libgnome2-perl.

Thank you,
Andreas