(like) wget in gtk2::progressbar

I want to download a file (via http) and see this progress in a a gtk2::progressbar. Until now, i used wget, because it have progress bar, download ratio, filesize, etc...
How can I download a file and get data to put in progressbar widget? Can I use wget? I should us another module? Which?

I search into the net, and I see something like this, but the command was cp, and it use strace, i think there must be a better way to do that...

Thanks,

David