Re: I have a problem

On Nov 30, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

"Glib built for 2.16.4, running with 2.16.5" apparently means that you have version mismatch - Perl Glib was originally built based on "C" glib-2.16.4, but now your system has "C" glib-2.16.5.

Of course, a micro version mismatch is fine. The three-part version numbers are major.minor.micro. Gtk+ promises that changes in micro version are just bugfixes. No rebuild of the perl module is needed.

If your mismatch is a minor version, then one of two things happens: if the runtime version is an older minor version than you were built for, we fail with an error at startup. If the runtime version is a newer minor version than you were built for, then you are simply missing perl support for the new stuff in the C library. This is easily fixed by rebuilding the perl module. (Always use the newest stable perl module.)

If your mismatch is a major version, then nothing works at all.

--
The stereo, playing the Beastie Boys' "Rhymin' and Stealin'": "I'll steal your girlie like I stole your bike!"

Elysse:  "You mean, take off the chain and ride away?"