Re: GtkImageView

On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:10 AM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

On 17/02/2008, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:
Now that you have a GBoxed GType for the struct (that can go upstream
just like the GEnum GTypes), you can also register the functions to
marshal the value to and from perl.  See gperl_register_boxed() in
Glib::xsapi.

As I have added the GBoxed entries to maps, Glib::CodeGen is creating
gperl_register_boxed() entries in register.xsh, but with NULL for the
wrapper class. If I understand the Glib::xsapi correctly, this means
the GBoxed gets a standard wrapper - which is what? Do I need to
change this? If so, how?

Add your own call to gperl_register_boxed() in a BOOT: section, and pass the wrapper class there. See files like Gtk2/xs/ PangoAttributes.xs and Gtk2/xs/GtkEntry for examples.

(or others, with "grep gperl_register_boxed Gtk2/xs/*.xs")

--
I hate to break it to you, but magic data pixies don't exist.
  -- Simon Cozens