Re: Scribble Example

zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net> writes:

I chopped down your model to the point where it would draw a simple
rectangle, without the mouse drag. Then I added a line at a time back in,
until it stopped working.

The culprit is:

$gc->set_function ('xor');

Yes and no, I suspect there's no pixel values set into the gc.  The RGB
parts of a GdkColor have no effect at the gc->set_foreground level ...

Mario Kemper <mario kemper googlemail com> writes:

   my $redcolor = Gtk2::Gdk::Color->new (255, 0, 0);
   my $blackcolor = Gtk2::Gdk::Color->new (0, 0, 0);

   my $gc = Gtk2::Gdk::GC->new ($root, undef);
   $gc->set_foreground($redcolor);
   $gc->set_background($blackcolor);
   $gc->set_subwindow ('include-inferiors');
   $gc->set_function ('xor');

Incidentally it might be worth doing a grab_server to stop other clients
making a mess of the drawing at the same time ...

An alternative would be some little Nx1 windows to be the sides of the
rectangle and move/resize them.  The disadvantage is it probably makes
the other clients do lots of redrawing - unless "save under" is enabled
in the server, which rather disappointingly it seems is not the default
in X.org 7 for instance.