Re: Scribble Example

I am still working on this issue and it seems to me that a
"pointer_grab" is definitely the easiest way to get motion and button
events even if your cursor is outside of your own toplevel window.

I've a little demo of "pointer-grabbing" attached. When you grab the
pointer and hold down the mouse button afterwards all events are
recognized in the main app until you release the button.

The events are recognized well and pointer grabbing is doing a good job,
but am trying do draw a rectangle to the root window while moving the
mouse as described above (like selecting multiple files on the nautilus
desktop for example) and this is not working.

Maybe someone has a clue why the rectangle is not drawn (line 121 in
screeny.pl)?

Cheers,
Mario