Re: Release: Camelbox 2008.120.0145Z

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:47 PM, nadim khemir <nadim khemir net> wrote:
 > >  Anything special needed to help you maintain AsciiO on Camelbox?

I can't think of anything at the moment that would help with
 > maintaining this.  How about less dependencies? ;)
 Unlikely (except some testing dependencies maybe). I'm from the "re-use"
 school. Shouldn't we all be? Nothing make me laugh more than module
 boasting "uses no non-core modules". well _that_ module would be one non-core
 module!!!

Maybe come up with a Bundle:: module that contains all of your
dependencies, so I don't have to keep hitting <Enter> in order to get
the CPAN shell to install the next set of dependent modules.

In any case, the modules I list here:

http://code.google.com/p/camelbox/wiki/BuildExternalApps

require a 'force install' in the CPAN shell under Windows because
their tests are failing for whatever reason.  I didn't spend a lot of
time trying to figure out why said tests were failing however.

 Also the bat file stopped working. the problem is that there is nothing to
 work with just a very brief flashing window. works fine when I run the script
 directely.

Edit the .bat file and put a 'pause' command after every call to
perl.exe.  Maybe you'll catch the error message that way.

 > >  Would it be possible to know what went wrong with PAR?
 > PAR::Packer did not capture all of the dependencies correctly, so when
 > I run the executable file, I get errors in the console window.
 This happends quite often. The trick is to add the dependencies by hand. With
 AsciiO running in windows, I will try to find all those dependencies and
 generating an exe. What was the PAR command you used?

This is as far as I got:

C:\camelbox\bin>pp --gui --icon C:/camelbox/bin/wperl.exe -l libCairoPerl.dll -l
 libgthread-2.0-0.dll -o C:\temp\asciio.exe -l C:\camelbox\site\lib\auto\Cairo\C
airo.dll -l C:\camelbox\site\lib\auto\Glib\Glib.dll -l C:\camelbox\site\lib\auto
\Gtk2\Gtk2.dll -M Win32::Console -M Tie::Hash::NamedCapture -M Gtk2 asciio

Thanks,

Brian