ComboBox with TreeStore, how to hide titles in sub-menus

Hello,

I have a combo box with a lot of items in it, which makes it have scroll
buttons. I'd like to have them better organized as there already is some
groups in these items.

So I tried to use a TreeStore instead of a ListStore as the model for
ComboBox. And it works as expected. The problem is that in the sub-menus,
there is a title that is the name of the group. I attach a small script that
uses that so you may have an idea of what I mean.

It would be nice if there would be a way to hide this title. But the most
important, is that I don't want the user to able to select them. And with the
example I attached, you can select all of the GroupX items from the popup
menus. I don't want them also to appear when someone uses the scroll wheel
over the combo box (with popup hidden). Here when it is used, there is this
sequence in the value displayed :

..., Item 1-9, Item 1-10, Group 2, Item 2-1, ....

Actually, what I'd like is something similar to set_select_function that is
available through get_selection on a TreeView to choose if an item can be
selected or not.

Do you know any way to perform that? Any help would be really welcome.

Cheers,

Tian.