Re: gtktreeview.c assertion failed

Dave Howorth wrote:
Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:43 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
I have a program that's using two Gtk2::TreeViews with a Gtk2::TreeStore
model and when I drag and drop nodes in the tree I'm getting gtk
warnings like this:

if you're getting GTK+ warnings then I suggest you write a minimal test
case in C reproducing the same behaviour and attach it to a newly opened
bug report in GNOME's Bugzilla[1]; but...

... Since I've
no idea what's going wrong in my Perl program, I have even less idea of
how to modify the C program to make it break. It seems to me that
producing a simple Perl program that shows the problem might be a more
productive use of my time.

So I started simplifying my Perl program and made the problem go away :)
It disappeared when I removed this line from inside a callback:

  Gtk2->main_iteration while Gtk2->events_pending;

The line was there (buried inside method calls) through historical
accident and the program still works without it, which is good news.

I'm curious whether this is something that is forbidden or should work
though? I couldn't see anything relevant in a quick scan of the gtk and
glib docs, except for statements that main loops can be nested.

Cheers, Dave