Re: trees - newbie question

On Jun 7, 2007, at 7:35 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:

Hi,

Hello.

In taking baby steps, I found Gtk2::SimpleList and built a test program with it that worked :) I noticed that in its POD it says: "Note: Gtk2::SimpleList is deprecated in favor of Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List, part of the Gtk2-Perl-Ex project at http:// gtk2-perl-ex.sf.net"

I went to that project and noticed it all seems a few years old. I tried to install Gtk2::Ex::Simple::Tree but it fails its tests. I forced the install and ran the example program. It runs but the OK button callback is buggy (using an unimplemented method). I changed the example to make one of the columns editable and discovered that the change doesn't persist (the widget is editable but reverts to its previous text).

What versions of everything are you using? Specifically, what versions of gtk+, Gtk2, and Gtk2::Ex? Which unit tests failed? For Gtk2::Ex::Simple::Tree, did you also install Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List?

So my first question is whether this module is usable/supported? Or are there other examples using the Gtk2::Tree* modules?

Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List and Tree haven't changed significantly since their import, because they are rather stable. They should be quite usable, and we support there here. :-)

There are more examples of using Gtk2::Tree* in the Gtk2 source under examples/ and demo/, and other programs available on the web. You can also try the Gtk+ 2.0 Tree View Tutorial, linked from http://gtk2- perl.sourceforge.net/links/ .