Re: Gtk2::ComboBox with a dummy entry

Oh, I'm well aware its not good - that's why I can't get it to work
I'm guessing :)

Its actually a request from 'on-high' - apparently the menu button I
_was_ using didn't 'fit in' with other combo boxes on the same screen.

I'd be more than happy with a 'its not possible' answer - much less
work for me. And then I can point to it and say 'smarter people than I
told me so' ;)

MB

On 1/30/07, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis gmx de> wrote:
* Matthew Braid <ptkperl mdb id au> [2007-01-29 05:05]:
> Essentially, I want the CB to always show 'Choose an extension
> to add', but have a list of valid extensions pop up when its
> clicked that does _not_ include 'Choose an extension to add'

Sounds like bad UI design to me. You are aware how badly this
violates user expectations? Is there a really important reason
to make this control behave so gratuitously differently from all
other comboboxes the users have seen before?

"Choose an extension to add" should be a label, not hacked into
the control itself. Actually it would be "Extension to add",
since "Choose an" is redundant; the fact that there is a combobox
is inherently a prompt to make a choice so this fact needn't be
pointed out separately.

Regards,