Re: Gtk2::ComboBox with a dummy entry

* Matthew Braid <ptkperl mdb id au> [2007-01-29 05:05]:
Essentially, I want the CB to always show 'Choose an extension
to add', but have a list of valid extensions pop up when its
clicked that does _not_ include 'Choose an extension to add'

Sounds like bad UI design to me. You are aware how badly this
violates user expectations? Is there a really important reason
to make this control behave so gratuitously differently from all
other comboboxes the users have seen before?

âChoose an extension to addâ should be a label, not hacked into
the control itself. Actually it would be âExtension to addâ,
since âChoose anâ is redundant; the fact that there is a combobox
is inherently a prompt to make a choice so this fact neednât be
pointed out separately.

Regards,