SimpleList/TreeView data manipulation & TextView questions

Hi,

This is my first email to the distribution list and I am new to Gtk2-perl.

I’ve looked at the documentation and examples and I’ve been able to put together a fairly complete interface including menus, popups, Notebook, ListView, TextView, Buttons, etc.. and packed it all nicely together.

I have a couple of questions that I can’t seem to find answers to after searching the web.

The first question is related to manipulating an array in a SimpleList/TreeView. I’m having trouble figuring out how to identify which row or rows have been selected. Once the row is selected I want to either insert an additional row or delete the row. These actions will be triggered by a signal from a popup menu which contains an Insert Row and Delete Row option.

I created the SimpleList and populated it with data and have created the popup menu tied to the SimpleList. The only thing that seems to be missing is identifying the selected row so I can pass it to ‘splice’ for a delete or do whatever else is required.

The second question is related to manipulating the columns of a SimpleList/TreeView. I can’t figure out how to move or resize a column. I have set the column to resizable and have made the column clickable.

The third question is related to updating a TextView as activity is progressing. Currently the TextView display is only updated after the processing is finished. I have a number of separate functions that make system calls and I want to be able to update the TextView to reflect the activity at the time and not wait until it’s all complete.

Thanks in advance,

Michael