Some general questions on gtk2, gnome2 + perl

Dear all,

I am considering switching a moderately large project (12 k lines)
from perl-tk to perl-gtk. For the start, I have few questions:

1) where can I find a tutorial on handling selections, i.e. getting
the X selection buffer contents into my program? I do not need
anything fancy. I have found the following doc:

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/pod/Gtk2/Clipboard.html

but I can't make heads or tails out of it.

2) is there an easy method of exporting the gnome2 canvas widget to
postscript or pdf?  Something like canvas->postscript() from perl/tk
would be great

3) is there any tutorial / example set for gnome2 canvas in perl?  I
can only find some api references, but I would need something easier
to start with.

Regards,
January