Re: segv on bad gobject get call

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 08:14 +1100, Kevin Ryde wrote:
On recent i386 debian, running the little program below just as "perl
foo.pl" gives a segv, where I hoped it might throw an error.

I think it hits what's meant to be the "$gobject->get('propname')"
method, but with the class instead of an object.  Is that something it's
meant to guard against, or is it a case of "don't do that"?

it's definitely "don't do that": you're passing an integer in place of a
blessed scalar wrapping a GObject C instance.

"Gtk2::GC->get".  So it's entirely my own doing, but a segv seemed a bit
harsh ...)

it's really not: once you pass parameters of a type that's not even
supposed to be there, all the bets are off. :-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,