Re: GTK2, XML, perl

Ari Jolma wrote:

muppet wrote:

If dealing with the separate XML file is a problem, you can embed the XML in the perl file with very little effort. I've seen various people use a Makefile rule to concatenate the .glade file onto the .pm or .pl file before installation.

This is a very good idea (I've done that too many times by hand :).

how do I put this into Makefile.PL?

to answer myself: One way is to use MY::postamble and add rules to cat .pm from .pm.in and .glade

perhaps a more elegant solution is to use filters in build, perhaps using PM_FILTER of MakeMaker but that seems to be somewhat deprecated

Ari