Re: GTK2, XML, perl

On Mar 12, 2006, at 9:04 PM, José Luis Regalado wrote:

Glade generate a file called by example: foo.glade. It is possible to happen of foo.glade to foo.pl?, it is to say, XML to perl code?

There once was a tool that would generate perl code from a glade XML file, but the tool has been unsupported for a few years and doesn't work with Gtk2 since well before 1.0. In the gtk+ world it has generally become the practice to use libglade instead of generating code.

my $my_window = Gtk2::GladeXML->new("/home/bashman/Proyects/window/ window.glade");

If dealing with the separate XML file is a problem, you can embed the XML in the perl file with very little effort. I've seen various people use a Makefile rule to concatenate the .glade file onto the .pm or .pl file before installation.

--
"Ghostbusters" is the best movie of this decade.
  -- Neal, circa 1996, referring to a movie released in 1984.