Re: CellRendererSpinButton in a List

On Mar 5, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

Basically, CellRendererText is set up so that when the focus leaves the editable things, an 'edited' signal is fired. This means that a user can type stuff in a cell, and then immediately click outside the TreeView, and the changes are detected ( ie the edited signal is fired ).

Unfortunately, this doesn't happen ( automatically ) in other renderers, for example CellRendererCombo, and your CellRendererSpinButton. In these cases, you have to force an edited signal by pressing the Enter key ... or by clicking somewhere else inside the TreeView ( but outside the current cell ). In your case, since you only have one cell in the TreeView, there's nothing else to click into, so your only way of triggering the 'edited' signal is to use the keyboard. If there is some way to *make* this happen in code, then I'm all ears :) This issue is going to present a large problem for me soon too ...

You've answered your own question ---- add code to your START_EDITING to hook up a handler to the new editable's "focus-out-event" signal.

--
I believe that if music companies are going to set examples they need to do it to appropriate people and not dead people.
  --  Robin Chianumba