Re: Gtk2::GLExt build problems

muppet wrote:
Be warned that this module has not been touched since Oct '04.  I don't
recall with what version of gtkglext it was developed.

Thanks for the tip.  Is it deprecated in favor of something else, or
does it just need a little love? :)

Neither, really.  So far as i know, gtkglext itself has not really
changed in all that time, and we got no bug reports on the module, which
also had no champion to own it and make it officially stable.  It
basically hasn't been updated because nobody told us it was broken.

Well, I'll let you know if I have any more problems with it.  I'm going
to try to make a editor/debugger for Befunge and Trefunge with it. :)

What version of Storable do you have?

2.15.  I get the same symptoms on two Gentoo Linux machines, probably
with the same versions of everything installed.

I have 2.09 and no problems.

Does it help if you move the "mkdir 'build', 0777;" line before the
do_pod_files() line?

Yes, that fixed it.

paranoid chirp ~/Gtk2-GLExt-0.90 $ perl Makefile.PL
Including ApiDoc pod...
Loaded 20 type definitions from maps
   10 GEnum
    5 GFlags
    1 GInterface
    4 GObject
Found Gtk2 in
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi/Gtk2/Install
Found Glib in
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi/Glib/Install
Writing build/IFiles.pm
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-Wl,--export-dynamic'
Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-pthread'
Writing Makefile for Gtk2::GLExt

"make test" still works, and so does example.pl.sdl.

"make" produces quite a few manpages now:

blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Query.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Window.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Init.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Drawable.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::GLExt::Widget.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::GLExt.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Shapes.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Font.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::GLExt::index.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Pixmap.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Config.3pm
blib/man3/Gtk2::Gdk::GLExt::Context.3pm

(My original workaround, commenting out the do_pod_files() call, only
built one manpage: blib/man3/Gtk2::GLExt.3pm.)

I'd like to learn a little more about the module.  Is there a TODO list?
 What else do you think it needs, to bring it to 1.0?  (And is there
some kind of frontend module that uses it, to consolidate the fact that
there are 3 APIs depending on which OpenGL module you use?)

Mark