A visual snippet browser

Hi,
I needed something to do to get some experience with
textbuffers, so I made a visual grep using Gtk2.
A screenshot and the file is at
http://zentara.net/vgrep

Feel free to offer improvements, use it, etc.

Specifically, I had to resort to a method of reprinting
the file to include/remove line numbers for copy&pasting.

I was wondering if there was a way to filter out the line numbers
upon a selection or copy event? Is there some trick to tag some
text so it is visible to see, but invisible to a copy/selection?

http://zentara.net/japh.html