Re: Gst X overlay?

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 12:43 +0000, T-bone barTAK wrote:

I've been unable to find anything regarding usage of the X overlay interface in
Perl.  My goal is to grab the Gdk window of my videosink and act upon it (calling
methods, setting properties, etc) as I would any other window.  Likewise, I'd
like to be able to force ximagesink to render in my own gdk window.  From reading
the C API docs, I gather that both of these scenarios are possible, using
gst_x_overlay.  I just can't get my head around how to do it in Perl.

The GstXOverlay stuff is simply not bound yet.  Since it's an interface
in both GStreamer 0.8 and 0.10, it would make sense to add bindings for
it to the separate GStreamer::Interface module.

I'll probably look into it in the not-so-distant future, but I'd happily
accept a patch from you as well. :-)