Re: packaging for windows

Stephan Brunner wrote:

I set up the following configuration:
On the "build"-machine (full Gtk, gtk-perl installed), I use

pp -x -o foo.exe -M Glib -M Gtk2 -l c:\perl\site\lib\auto\Glib\Glib.dll -l c:
\perl\site\lib\auto\Gtk2\Gtk2.dll foo.pl

(all on one line, of course, and you might have to adjust the path to the dlls).
The created foo.exe runs on a XP machine that has Gtk installed, but no perl.
This is the kind of solution I was looking for. I tried it but no luck so far. The .exe gets build, but when it runds it dies with a popup saying something about a function pointer that could not be found in perl58.dll :(

Since I don't have a windows machine myself I'll probably wait for the next user requesting the executable and have him look into it.

Thanks!

-- Jaap <pardus cpan org>