Re: packaging for windows

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 12 Januar 2006 12:49 schrieb Jaap Karssenberg:

Did anyone look into packaging perl/gtk applications for windows ?

I set up the following configuration:
On the "build"-machine (full Gtk, gtk-perl installed), I use

pp -x -o foo.exe -M Glib -M Gtk2 -l c:\perl\site\lib\auto\Glib\Glib.dll -l c:
\perl\site\lib\auto\Gtk2\Gtk2.dll foo.pl

(all on one line, of course, and you might have to adjust the path to the
dlls).
The created foo.exe runs on a XP machine that has Gtk installed, but no perl.

I have some users that would really like a package that "Just Works"
(when perl was installed already).

As there is a nice installer for Gtk, I'd consider this a
"pretty-much-just-works" solution:-)

I installed my application manually on one system but it involved
manually unzipping a lot of dll's which is quite obscure.

Thanks,

HTH,

Stephan