Re: packaging for windows

"Jaap" == Jaap Karssenberg <j g karssenberg student utwente nl> writes:

    Jaap> Hi, Did anyone look into packaging perl/gtk
    Jaap> applications for windows ?

Yes, I have  to handle such a situation for  a delivery target of
end of March 2006 for an un-packaged solution (possibly involving
manual steps) and a  more idiot-proof solution for September 2006
(including the possibility to install  on D: or more generally any
root folder).

    Jaap> I have some users that would really like a package that
    Jaap> "Just Works" (when perl was installed already).

For  a subset of  my application  I have  already used  PAR which
allows the creation of executables embedding the perl interpreter
for a no-dependencies solution.

It works great on w2000 and XP (so far).

    Jaap> I installed my application manually on one system but
    Jaap> it involved manually unzipping a lot of dll's which is
    Jaap> quite obscure.

My  main target  was  Solaris so  far,  I will  begin looking  at
compiling gtk on windows in  the coming weeks and will appreciate
any pointers.

Thanks in advance,

       Vincent