Re: mouse position question

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 05:49:14 -0500
"Chas Owens" <chas owens gmail com> wrote:

On 12/29/06, Vulpes Velox <v velox vvelox net> wrote:
Just been looking through the pods that come with it. I am not
seeing any that truely stand out as containing what I am looking
for and the ones I have checked did not.

Is there any way to get the position of the pointer and change it?

If not any suggestions for other perl modules for this?

It seems as if it is a bad idea.  What specific effect are you
trying to achieve?

<snip href="http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/faqs.html";>
Can I move the mouse pointer myself?

There is an Xlib routine called XWarpPointer() that does this, but
GDK does not wrap it. It is almost certainly a bad idea to use this
feature (in fact it is intended for window managers only); you might
consider writing to one of the GTK+ or Gnome mailing lists to ask
for another way to achieve whatever you are trying to achieve.
However, you can always use Xlib routines (such as XWarpPointer())
by including gdk/gdkx.h and gdk/gdkprivate.h, then manipulating the
private parts of the GDK data structures. If that sounds unsavory,
it probably should.
</snip>

I want to be able to hotkey going between :0.0 and :0.1. I found away
to do this. Get the current mouse position, set the $DISPLAY
enviromental to the screen I wish to move to, and then move the
cursor to that point. Just need to write a little program for getting
and setting the mouse position.