Re: Odd bug with TreeView column size

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 08:24 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Kenneth Swanson wrote:

Hey all.  I've been seeing a strange little bug that I'm not sure how to
debug, so I hoped some people on the list could help me out.

I'm attaching sample code, but the basic issue is this:  the app has a
button that fills a ListStore with data.  For certain sets of data--I'm
not sure of the exact requirements, but the one provided does it for
me--the TreeView will expand horizontally to handle the increased size
necessary for the data, but some of the columns won't be filled
correctly-at first.  In this case, the 'Result' column, which should
hold 'failed' for the visible lines, instead holds a snippet of the text
in the 'Date Scheduled'.  However, this fixes itself if you mouse-over
each row, or if you put the window behind another and then bring it to
the front.  After that, it doesn't seem to be a problem for the
remainder of the program.

I saw this bug with earlier versions of gtk. I still have some systems
with gtk+-2.6.9 ( some stubborn Windows systems ) that behave like this.
I'm pretty sure that it was fixed around gtk+-2.6.11, as my less
stubborn Windows systems don't have this problem.

On my desktop ( running gtk+-2.8.20 ) runs your script with no rendering
issues.

That would make a lot of sense.  I'm running off 2.6.4 here...

Also, a small plug for my own gtk2-perl projects: check out
Gtk2::Ex::DBI and Gtk2::Ex::Datasheet::DBI at
http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis_not_evil if you have to make data
entry / display forms for data in a database ... which it looks like
you're doing by the looks of the script you posted.

I've heard you mention them once or twice but haven't checked them out,
but that might be a good idea.  You're right, this is a displayer for
database information.  It was originally written in Gtk, so I just did a
straight port over.

-Ken
--
Kenneth Swanson <kswanson watson wustl edu>